#SIMPLE@irc.irchighway.net

From the extended

kosovohp

From the extended

Post by kosovohp on Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:51 am

From the extended version on paper, Dylan crafted four verses and the chorus in Woodstock, New York.[6] The song was written on an upright piano in the key of G sharp and was changed to C on the guitar in the recording studio.[7] Dylan invited Mike Bloomfield, lead guitarist of the Paul Butterfield Blues Band, to play on the recording session. Asked by Dylan to visit his house in Woodstock for the weekend to learn new material, Bloomfield recalled: "The first thing I heard was 'Like a Rolling Stone'. I figured he wanted blues, string bending, because that's what I do. He said, 'Hey man, I don't want any of that B.B. King stuff'. So, OK, I really fell apart. What the heck does he want? We messed around with the song. I played the way that he dug, and he said it was groovy."[8]
    The recording sessions were produced by Tom Wilson on June 15–16, 1965, in Studio A of Columbia Records, 799 Seventh Avenue, in New York City.[1][9][10] In addition to Bloomfield, the other musicians enlisted were Paul Griffin on piano, Joe Macho, Jr. on bass, Bobby Gregg on drums, and Bruce Langhorne on tambourine,[10] all booked by Wilson. Gregg and Griffin had previously worked with Dylan and Wilson on Bringing It All Back Home.[11]

Promotional USB memory sticks
    home renovation

Current date/time is Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:25 am